"Dovregubben" is a song mixed and produced by Zedd.
On May 25, 2011, a promotional teaser for the song was posted onto Zedd's Facebook.
"Dovregubben" was released on June 1, 2011 onto the producer's YouTube page, and onto Beatport one day before.
- Dovregubben is also the name of a character (specifically, a troll king) that appears in the second act of Henrik Ibsen's 1867 play Peer Gynt. Also, "In the Hall of the Mountain King"—an iconic piece of orchestral music from Peer Gynt—can be heard from 2:11 - 2:40 in the YouTube audio.
- The English translation of "Dovregubben" is not literal. "Dovre" is a highland place located in Norway, and "gubbe" translates into "(old) man or husband".
- The orchestra in the song is not a sample; rather, it was programmed.
- ↑ Zaslavski, Anton (May 25, 2011). "DOVREGUBBEN TEASER OUT NOW!!!! CHECK IT OUT!". Facebook. Zedd. https://www.facebook.com/Zedd/posts/217820391570925.
- ↑ Zaslavski, Anton (June 2, 2011). "btw, the orchestra in #Dovregubben is not a sample. It's programmed! I did not use any samples- not in #Dovregubben or #TheLegendOfZelda". Twitter. https://twitter.com/Zedd/status/76443133461798913. Retrieved May 27, 2016.